A R C H I P E L A G O
Archipelago is in need of builders. If you are an experienced player
on Archipelago who is creative, can write clearly, and can commit to
creating a quality well-described zone, then we may be interested in what
you have to build. We are looking for unique, original, and well-described
areas which fit inside Archipelago's medieval and fantasy flavored world
set on islands in a sea. We are especially interested in dark, mystical,
and/or evil type areas that can further enchance Archipelago's aspect of
danger. We will not accept any zone that is TSR (makers of Dungeons and
Dragons) related -- due to copyright concerns, nor will we accept zones
that are heavily laden with sexual innuendo.
No building experience, nor programming knowledge is necessary to
build on Archipelago. The only things you will need are creativity, a
firm command of the English language, a willingness to be edited, and
enough time to spend writing. All editing is done online, in-game with
Archipelago's menu-driven editors. It would be worthwhile to look at the
excellent Builder's Guidebook to see how it
is all done.
Potential builders should be experienced players who has some idea
of what Archipelago is about, i.e., those who are familar with the
game, who know about areas, and who are familar with some of the people
playing on it.
To submit building proposal, email the immortal staff of Archipelago,
c/o Xero at email@example.com.
Please include this in the subject title:
Make sure the proposal is in ASCII readable text without any attachments
of any sort. The proposal must contain the following information:
- [ your_mortal's_name ] BUILDING: zone_name
- Name of the Area:
- What is the name of the area you plan on building?
- Brief Description of the Area:
- What is the area about? Is it a quest?, Racial homeland?, An island?
City or town?, Puzzle?, Combat?, Exploration?, "..just a small area linked
off the city"?
- Full Description of the Area:
- Detailed description, and background information of the area. What are
its main features? If the area has a story and history, please include
it so we can get a better idea of what the area is about. If it is a
quest zone, please provide a summary of the quest.
- Major Mobs and Treasure:
- What are the major mobs, and treasure to be found?
- Number of Rooms in the Area:
- Approximately how many rooms are there?
- Relative Difficulty of the Area:
- Who is the area designed for? For Avatars? Low-level types?
Giants with 500hp and average weapons? Those under 40cm, and can fly?
- Writing Samples:
- In order to determine your writing ability, we request you submit the
descriptions of at least ten rooms, five mobs, and five objects you plan
on putting into your area.
- Credit for the Area:
- If the idea is not yours, please be nice and give credit where credit
- General Comments:
- General comments, and anything else you would like us to know about the
area, e.g., maps of the area, special procedures you envision requiring
- Name, Email address, and Mortal's Name:
- Who are you? and what's the name of the char you play on arch?
© Copyright 1997 by
All rights reserved.
- Czeck, David. [firstname.lastname@example.org].
October 1996. "Archipelago: Builder Information".
Last revised April 12, 1997.